08 January 2011

this week's menu: #1

I'm going to try to be better about talking about what we cooked.  I'm needing a little more inspiration in the kitchen these days, and why not spend the new year blogging about my kitchen adventures?

Monday:
Black Bean Burgers & French Fries - We've had these garden burgers in our freezer for awhile now.  I'm not sure exactly where they came from or how they got there, but I figured it was about time to use them up.  I made french fries with the extra potatoes I had from Christmas dinner.  I love homemade fries.  They are so easy to make: just cut up the potatoes, no need to peel.  toss them with some oil and your favorite seasonings, i like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.  then put them on a baking sheet in the oven for about 30-45 mins.  at around 400-425 degrees.  yum!

Tuesday:
Tempeh Tacos - I love the bulk tempeh from the Alberta Coop.  It's huge.  Since we moved to North Portland, we rarely have it around anymore.  I was recently on Alberta with a friend and stopped in to get some essentials from the coop, including a giant sheet of tempeh!  I made the spicy tempeh & black bean burrito recipe from Hungry Vegan.  I also made tortillas and a vegan cheese sauce, since we were all out of dairy cheese.  Everything was delicious if I do say so myself.

Wednesday:
Winter Squash Curry - We had one small squash left from the garden stored in the basement and some precooked stored in the freezer.  I've been craving a coconut based curry lately, so I decided to make some with the squash.  Another super easy thing to make.  I used this recipe but substituted mustard greens that we had frozen from the garden for the spinach.

Thursday:
Leftovers - Willis had to work late, so I just finished off the leftover curry.

Friday:
Frozen Pizza!! - We like to treat ourselves to lazy evenings.  So we ate frozen pizza, chips & salsa, and watched Heroes.  It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment