18 April 2011

this week's menu: #7

This is only a partial menu.  I worked a lot near the end of the week, so didn't have time to cook.
Sunday: 
Pepper Jack & Kale Pizza - I was going to make mini pizzas and freeze them, but was so hungry, so I just made a full pizza.  Homemade dough, homemade sauce from preserved garden tomatoes, pepper jack cheese, & garden kale.

Monday: 
Tomato Soup & Buttermilk Biscuits - I used the rest of the pizza sauce and some more preserved garden tomatoes to make an easy creamy tomato soup.  I love making soups.  I cooked some onions and garlic then added in the tomatoes and seasonings.  I added a little stock to thin it out and let it all simmer.  Then I added in the cream.  I made these buttermilk biscuits with the buttermilk I made earlier.

Tuesday:
Nachos- Again a super easy meal.  I had some tortilla chips that I purchased to get me through an overnight and wanted to get rid of the leftovers.   I basically just spiced up a can of kidney beans with some garlic, onions, paprika, and dried chili flakes.

Wednesday:
Blossoming Lotus - Willis didn't have to work on Thursday, so we took the opportunity to catch up with some friends, so we met them (kind of) half way between our two houses at the Blossoming Lotus.  They focus on vegan, raw, and local foods.  This was the first time we've been since they moved to the east side.  The food is still good but it's a lot more fancy.  Willis and I split the  pesto white bean dip and the bbq tempeh with chili and cornbread.  I really liked the chili but I'm glad we split.  The portion was big enough for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment